TERRI REED discovered the wonderful world of fiction at an early age and declared she would one day write a book. Now she is fulfilling that dream and enjoys writing for Steeple Hill. She is an active member of both Romance Writers of America and American Christian Fiction Writers. She resides in the Pacific Northwest with her college-sweetheart husband, two wonderful children and an array of critters. When not writing, she enjoys spending time with family and friends, gardening and playing with her dogs.
“Reed’s fast-paced action will keep readers wondering who and why.” –RT Book Reviews
“Terri has done her research which shows in her planning and execution of the story. She admirably develops characters that don’t look artificial and are able to convince readers of their authenticity. The settings are so beautifully sketched that I could visualize myself in a place like the one in the book and could feel each and every shift in the atmosphere.” –Goodreads Reviewer
“…mystery and plenty of suspense – the action takes right off and doesn’t let up.”
–RT Book Reviews
“Terri’s writing style is simple and captivating. She creates characters, places and events with ease and builds a colorful picture in the minds of the readers.” –Goodreads Reviewer
How-To-Tips for Aspiring Writers:
Advice on how to break into the series-writing business.
1. Read and study books in the series line you are targeting. Notice that each series has a different tone and different guidelines. Make sure you understand them so that your story can meet reader expectations.
2. Find and hone your voice. This is the unique way that you tell a story. Honor your voice and stay true to it.
3. Be creative with the genre tropes but not so creative that your work is unmarketable.
4. Be persistence but professional. Keep submitting. Don’t give up on the first try.
5. Be teachable. If you’re given feedback from an editor, agent, or a respected critique partner, heed it. Keep honing your craft.
Harlequin; February 9, 2016
224 pages; $5.50 U.S
224 pages; $5.50 U.S
Liz Cantrell is terrified when she receives a call from a man holding her newlywed sister captive—and she's convinced her sketchy brother-in-law is involved. Willing to pay any price for her sister's freedom, Liz flies to Niagara Falls with the ransom: an uncut diamond necklace worth millions.
But the moment she lands, a handsome, world-weary Immigration and Customs Enforcement agent takes her into custody. Blake Fallon's determined to catch a ruthless diamond smuggler—and the pretty antiques dealer trying to save her sister could be just the break his case needs. But as they team up to rescue Liz's sister and trap the criminal mastermind, a desperate standoff will threaten everything they hold precious—including their lives.
AND NOW THE GIVEAWAY
**No compensation was received for posting. Freda's Voice is not responsible for prize shipment, lost, damaged or stolen prizes.